Due to drawbacks in sound rendering in Flash CS4, Punk-o-Matic lags on older PCs, or PCs with less than 512 MB of RAM.
Lag occurs mostly as a sharp sound between two guitar riffs, or
Here are some tips and tweaks to reduce lag in Punk-o-Matic 2:
- Try closing all possible background applications.
- Set down the drawing quality to low, or reduce the band animations from the options, accessible by clicking on the amplifier.
- Stop the background music.
- Try gamebooster by IoBit (Not Recommended)
- Download the offline version of PoM, if using the browser version (Debatable)
Optimisation tricks for Advanced usersEdit
The following tips require some higher understanding of a computer. Do not try them out unless you know what exactly you are doing.
- Defragment your hard drive. This is not always necessary, but might be required for computers with smaller hard drive partitions, or hard drives which are 75% full. Do not defragment a Solid State Drive, or SSD.
- Use CCleaner to clean out obselete files from your system. Beware, deleting browser cookies will make you lose all of your created songs, and using the registry cleaner has a small chance of spoiling your computer.
- Use IoBit's GameBooster. This is not recommended as users have pointed out that it does slow down a computer in the long run.
- Turn off your antivirus. This is not recommended as turning off your antivirus will make your PC prone to virus attacks.